Senior living communities have changed greatly over the years to keep in step with the active lifestyles of today’s Seniors. Independent living environments like 55 communities and senior condominiums have become commonplace, and assisted living facilities and nursing homes have shed their reputations as places of confinement and drudgery. No longer do Seniors need to fear losing their independence when joining a senior living community. Senior living environments now put a premium on keeping Seniors both actively and independently engaged.
The range of senior living options swings from 55 communities to skilled nursing facilities to remaining right at home. Choices depend on the environment that best suits a Senior’s needs. Senior condominiums and 55 communities offer full autonomy. Retirement communities offering continuing care options provide lifestyles that adapt to a Senior’s needs. For Seniors needing a more protective environment, assisted living facilities may be a good choice. These are residences where Senior people meet with others for daily activities as well as for meals. Some assisted living facilities offer specialized services and provide memory care or skilled nursing services. For some Seniors remaining right at home is preferred. With the increased availability of good ‘home instead’ senior care services, remaining right at home is also a good option. Respite care and day care is also available and can be a welcome relief to family members who provide home care to their Senior loved one.
Although the range of senior living options is so diverse, there are two basic philosophies shared by all:
- Seniors are always treated with dignity and respect
- Seniors are encouraged to maintain an active, engaged and independent lifestyle for as long as possible.
When considering assisted living choices there are some basic requirements that should be met by all good assisted living facilities. They include:
- 24-hour security and monitoring.
- Assistance with dressing.
- Bathing and toileting when needed.
- Help with nursing care and administration of medicine.
- Opportunities for recreation and social interaction.
- Access to local transportation.
The task of locating and vetting senior living options can be overwhelming. Identifying the choices, deciding which type is best suited to a Senior’s needs, understanding license requirements, and evaluating the level of services offered can be extremely complicated. But, you don’t have to do this alone! OURSENIORS.NET can help. We exist to make the process of transitioning to a senior lifestyle as easy as possible, and you can rely on our expertise, no matter what option you are considering. We offer online resources and free phone consultations to ensure Seniors and their loved ones have the best available information as well as all the answers to their questions.
OURSENIORS.NET can offer guidance for all senior living options including:
- Senior apartments, condominiums and 55 communities.
- Retirement communities, including those that offer continuing care, ‘continuing care retirement communities‘ (CCRC).
- Assisted living facilities, including those that offer Alzheimer’s/memory care and skilled nursing services.
- Critical care nursing homes for Seniors that need very protective environments.
- Home instead senior care for Seniors who opt to remain at home. We can help find home health care agencies that provide home care assistance and senior helpers. If medical issues subsequently dictate finding an alternative to in home care, we can provide answers to questions, such as: “Where are the nursing homes near me?” Or, “How do we determine what licenses are required to operate these facilities?” And, “What other types of senior living near me should I consider?”
No matter which choice is being considered, OURSENIORS.NET can help you sort through the process of choosing the best option for you or your loved one. OURSENIORS.NET will always endeavor to put the best interests of the resident or patient first!
OURSENIORS.NET is a comprehensive online resource directory with listings for senior living options and professional medical and non-medical service providers. Call and talk with us for help in finding vetted financial, legal or other professionals who specialize in advising Seniors. Whether you are evaluating local senior living communities or need assistance in finding the best service professional, call us for a free consultation.
OURSENIORS.NET also provides the free OURSENIORS.NET Magazine, to keep Seniors and their loved ones ‘in the loop’ on issues important to senior living. Click here to read the latest issue or to download a copy of this senior living magazine.
For further information and a free consultation, please use our toll free number and call on us today: 866-333-2657!
55 Communities & Assisted Living Services Around Florida
Boca Raton Senior People Meet
Bay Pines Assisted Living
Brandon Home Instead Senior Care
Bokeelia Home Instead
Bokeelia Respite Care
Palm Beach Home Health Care
Bradenton Nursing Homes
Punta Gorda Right At Home
Bonita Springs Senior Helpers
Bowling Green Senior Apartments
Alafaya Nursing Homes
Altamonte Springs Senior Living
Bartow Assisted Living Facilities
Broward Senior Living
Carrabelle Home Care
Callaway Independent Living
Cape Coral Home Care Assistance
Bushnell In Home Care
Carrollwood 55 Communities
Casselberry Retirement Communities