Seniors contemplating their options for retirement will not only be surprised by the diversity of choices, they will discover that today’s communities are greatly improved over the old models. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities were once a haven for confinement and dependence, instead of comfort and safety. Now their focus is on enhancing the lives of Seniors by providing environments that allow them to maintain active lifestyles.
Seniors who are concerned by a loss of independence should be comforted to learn that no matter what their options might be, today’s senior living environments focus on keeping Seniors as actively and independently engaged as possible. These environments are diverse and range from totally independent living, such as 55 communities, senior apartments and condominiums, to environments that provide for increasing needs, such as continuing care retirement communities and assisted living facilities that offer memory care and skilled nursing services.
Many Seniors prefer to remain home instead of relocating to a senior community. For them, staying put right at home is the best choice, and it is a choice well supported by the availability of in home care services that provide home health care and home care assistance as needed. It is common for family members to also provide loving home care and, in these instances, senior day care or respite care can give these caregivers a much need break.
Though some Seniors opt to remain ‘in place’ at home, other Seniors lean toward retirement communities and environments where Senior people meet often with others and engage in daily activities. However, there are still other Seniors who require environments that provide specialized attention, those who need more protective care and medical attention. No matter which option is desired, choosing a senior living environment and evaluating the diversity of services is complicated, and the task of locating and vetting options can be overwhelming. But, you don’t have to do this alone! OURSENIORS.NET can help. We exist to make the process of transitioning to a senior lifestyle as easy as possible, and you can rely on our expertise, no matter what option you are considering.
Consider these guidelines when vetting senior living options:
- First and foremost, quality senior living environments share these philosophies:
- All Seniors are treated with dignity and respect.
- Seniors should maintain an active, engaged and independent lifestyle, for as long as possible.
- Second, all quality assisted living and senior care facilities provide these basics:
- 24-hour security and monitoring.
- Assistance with dressing.
- Bathing and toileting when needed.
- Help with nursing care and administration of medicine.
- Opportunities for recreation and social interaction.
- Access to local transportation.
Please rely on us for unbiased and trustworthy advice on these important decisions. OURSENIORS.NET exists to make the process of transitioning to a senior lifestyle as easy, safe and rewarding as possible. We can help you to find and choose the local option that is best for you. We offer free phone consultations in addition to online guidance for all types of senior living, including:
- ‘Home instead’ senior care. We can help find home health care agencies that provide home care assistance and senior helpers. If medical issues subsequently dictate finding an alternative living environment we can provide answers to questions, such as: “What alternatives nearby offer the care needed?” How do we determine what, if any, licenses are required to operate these facilities?” “How do we know if the facilities are licensed properly?”
- Assisted living facilities that offer specialized services such as memory care living and skilled nursing care.
- Retirement communities with a focus on independent senior living that provide options for customized care as needs arise.
- Senior apartments, condominiums and 55 communities.
We can help you find the information that answers questions such as:
- Where are the nursing homes near me?
- What are other options for senior living near me?
OURSENIORS.NET can help in other ways as well. Our focus is to help Seniors make a safe and rewarding transition to a senior lifestyle. This includes providing connections to vetted professional service providers who focus on senior issues. Whether you need legal or financial advice, or are looking for a senior real estate specialist we can help. When you have unanswered questions we encourage you to call us for guidance.
OURSENIORS.NET is a comprehensive resource directory with listings for senior living options and professional medical and non-medical service providers. We also provide the free OURSENIORS.NET Magazine, to keep Seniors and their loved ones ‘in the loop’ on issues important to senior living. Click here to read the latest issue or to download a copy of this senior living magazine.
Planning a transition to a senior lifestyle is complicated but you don’t have to do it alone! Please rely on OURSENIORS.NET for unbiased and trustworthy advice on these important decisions.
For further information and a free consultation, please use our toll free number and call on us today: 866-333-2657!
Retirement Communities & Assisted Living Services Around Florida
Boca Raton Senior People Meet
Bay Pines Assisted Living
Brandon Home Instead Senior Care
Bokeelia Home Instead
Bokeelia Respite Care
Palm Beach Home Health Care
Bradenton Nursing Homes
Punta Gorda Right At Home
Bonita Springs Senior Helpers
Bowling Green Senior Apartments
Alafaya Nursing Homes
Altamonte Springs Senior Living
Bartow Assisted Living Facilities
Broward Senior Living
Carrabelle Home Care
Callaway Independent Living
Cape Coral Home Care Assistance
Bushnell In Home Care
Carrollwood 55 Communities
Casselberry Retirement Communities