Community Service Category: Community Service
Volunteers for Community Impact is the leading organization for 55+ volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area. Our Foster Grandparent Program and RSVP Program serve Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia counties, and in the past 5 years, our volunteers gave 2 million hours of service. That is $45 million worth of voluntary service back into our community.
Volunteers who work with us have various opportunities to make a difference in their own community doing activities such as:
- Reading to underprivileged youth
- Helping children advance to the next grade level
- Mentoring children of all ages
- Meal packaging to assist with local hunger projects and homelessness issues
- Providing support to families in hospitals
- Preparing young children for Kindergarten and Pre-K
- Prepare hot meals for the homeless
- Helping with community gardens
- and many more opportunities!!!
Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Volusia